Monday 9 August 2010

No ordinary life!

I have just completed my very first Frinton Mission - 8 days of intensive youth ministry: it was a fantastic experience! Over the week God moved in some truly amazing ways: in my team, our teenagers, as well as the older group too. There have been young people coming to faith, baptisms, the giving and receiving of spiritual gifts, healings and deliverance! I was blessed to work with some awesome people, many of whom are uni undergraduates, people who love life and have such tremendous love for our Saviour God!

I felt my own faith and spirit refreshed over the course of the week as we held workshops, talent contests and dramas with the young people of our age group as well as sharing with them the message of the Gospel. It was an exhilerating feeling and a privilege to share in God's Kingdom work in Frinton. The chemistry and friendship of our leadership team was excellent and I've made many new friends as well as sharing in some powerful spiritual experiences: of intimate worship of God, of praise and meditation upon His grace, love, mercy and awesome wonder.

In many ways I am sad the week had to end but I have come away with so many great memories and a real sense of challenge to take the good news into my work place, my family and with my friends. I don't want to lose the passion I have had during the mission and will pray that over the next year, I remain true to my faith, my witness and my evangelism. I also feel that this mission has opened a door into further youth work in the future. I am excited in a way I never was before to work with these young people, to show them the saving power and grace of God and show them the love of Christ.

This is no ordinary life...Hallalujah that the life lived for Jesus is truly extraordinary. There is no going back!

No comments:

Post a Comment